Straight from my friend Betty (Crocker) came last night’s dinner. I’ve made these before, but at the time was missing a key ingredient — Thai red curry paste. It can’t even be called “Thai” without the curry paste! But they were still delish, so when I found the curry paste I knew I would try them again.
Mini Thai Chicken Pies
Thai Chicken Mixture
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup salted cocktail peanuts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium, if desired)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add green onions, cilantro, red curry paste and lime juice, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through. Cool 5 minutes; stir in cheese.
- In medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with whisk or fork until blended. Spoon 1 scant tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup Thai chicken mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto Thai chicken mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and tops of pies are golden brown. Ten minutes into baking, carefully open oven and sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon peanuts on top of each muffin. Close oven door and finish baking. Cool 5 minutes. With thin knife, loosen sides of pies from pan; remove from pan and place top sides up on cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes longer; serve with sliced green onions.
- These little pies sure were a hit with the fam! I doubled the recipe and froze half of them, so some night when I’ve let time get away from me I can just pull some of these babies out for Violet and myself. Yum!