But then I got to thinking. The last time I didn’t write a post for several days, my husband launched an inquest to determine whether or not I had given up on the blog. I was forced to do something interesting — and fast — so I could blog about it.
It’s not easy being interesting. (I only make it look effortless.)
So, to avoid any further accusations of blog abandonment, I decided to make a short list of the highlights of my bland day.
TOP 5 THINGS THAT HAPPENED TODAY
1. Violet let me watch the Today show for at least ½ hour this morning before repeatedly asking to watch Backyardigans.
2. At Kroger I found a bag of pretzels (Grippo’s) that are very similar to how I remember my childhood favorite, Mr. Salty. I snatched up that bag for myself and bought store-brand minis for Vi.
3. While Violet napped, I took a much needed 2-hour nap myself. Aren’t you jealous?
4. We went to Mom’s for dinner and I didn’t have to cook it! And Mom has a dishwasher.
5. The weather is so nice I turned off the air-conditioning and opened all the windows.
What was the highlight of your day?